Monday, July 26, 2010

Better Sex After 50: A Myth Or A Fact?

better sex at 50
They say age is just a number. I guess it goes the same when it comes to sex.

Asking this is like asking the chicken and egg eternal question. I know, a gazillion articles have been posted about sex in older people. But this was a shock to me in a way. For starters, I'm not 50 yet. I hope I'll live beyond 50. When I saw a clip from the Today show about sex at aged 50 and above, it really caught my attention. And believe, it's not easy to catch my attention.

Listen to this, and I quote from the article, "Many couples, however, report the best sex they have ever had after 50. Both men and women may become more comfortable with their bodies, know what works best for each other, and feel generally less inhibited. " I really have to exactly stress that phrase because we all have this pre-conceived notion that married couple who reach their golden years end up just lovingly holding each other's hands. But, now that I have read the article, I stand corrected.

The report went on to say that those couple hitting the big 5-0 are more stress-free when having sex because the possibility of being pregnant. To add, they have zero fears of contracting STDs, I say this is applicable if they have monogamous partners. But then again, isn't this an...interesting news? Also, makes me feel more hopeful, you know, that when I reach that age, everything will be better. To answer the question, I say, it is a fact. You have Dr.Gail Saltz to validate that. I leave another question, how do you define better sex,anyway?

I think that having a satisfying union at any age is a great thing. It is a way to improve the relationship, especially when you have grandchildren and intimacy is like next to oblivion. But I say that what's most important is you and your partner still embrace the love you have for each other and look beyond what the naked eye can see. And looking here means using your hearts.

by Laycie Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avail Na Po Ulit 10ml Na Castor Oil In Mascara Bottle

Avail Na Po Ulit 10ml Na Castor Oil In Mascara Bottle 5ml Php 99 10ml Php 129 50ml Php 299 PM me if interested Meet up @ Mari...